Within the London Borough of Sutton there are 45 Primary schools and 15 Secondary schools and we aim to support all those schools in a variety of ways. Click on the following links to find out more about SSW’s primary schools work and secondary schools work.
All of this is achieved not just through our Schools Workers and their volunteers but also with the support of churches and their Children and Youth workers.
We have three full-time schools workers,Sarah Webb, Sarah Skinner and Cat Hubbard.
Sarah started working as the primary schools worker for SSW September 2014. In April 2016 she became the director of SSW.
Cat Hubbard leads the work in secondary schools alongside a wonderful team of volunteers. Click here to find out more about secondary schools work.
Sarah Skinner leads the work in primary schools alongside a wonderful team of volunteers. Click here to find out more about primary schools work.
Sara is the secretary of Sutton Schoolswork and has been with us since 2015.
A Management Committee and Board of Directors oversees the work and consists of teachers, head teachers, local clergy, youth workers and church members.
- Partnering – Developing good relationships and working alongside schools, churches, other organisations and the local community.
- Professionalism – all our work will reflect good practice and be conducted in a professional manner
- Boldness – We aim to take calculated risks to further the work of the Trust. We will present our work from a clear Christian perspective, with full respect for all faiths and none within schools.
- Creativity – We aim to deliver resources and activities in schools that engage children and young people and to use creative approaches to aid learning and retention.
- Commitment – We are committed on a long term basis to each school in the borough.
- Integrity – In line with biblical values and Christian teaching
Sutton Schools Work is prayerfully and financially supported by individuals and churches of various denominations. We would love to hear from you if you would like to get involved.
We hope that you will be inspired, encouraged and excited by what’s happening in our local schools.